News and Announcements
New SUSD Safety Measures
Effective Monday, August 13, 2018
Hello Sanders Families
Starting Monday, August 13th, only students will be able to enter and exit through staff supervised gates before and after school. The gates opened to students will be the gate between the 50’s and 40’s pods and the gate adjacent to the front office. The same gates which are being utilized this week.
Any adult wishing to accompany their children on campus in the morning or pick them up at the end of the day at the classroom door will need to go through the front office, utilize our electronic check in system, scan a driver’s license or valid picture ID, and wear a sticker. Parents dropping students off in the morning may sign-in beginning at 7:45 am with afternoon pick-up sign-ins beginning at 2:20 pm (1:30 pm on minimum days or early release days). Families picking up students from childcare prior to 4:00 pm will be required to sign in through our main office.
Please plan with your family how and where you will be meeting at the end of the school day.
- Before school, gates to campus will be opened by staff at 7:45 AM and closed at 8:10 AM. Any student not inside the by 8:10 AM will need to enter through the school office. If student comes through the office at 8:15 AM when the second bell rings the student will me marked tardy.
- After school gates will be opened by staff at the time of the dismissal bell and closed by 2:45pm.
- At the end of the day, all students with the exception of those enrolled in daycare will exit through the staff supervised gates.
- The only gates open before and after school are located in the front of the school. These two gates are the Office Gate and the 40/50’s Pod Gate.
- Students will enter and exit through these gates before and after school.
- Any family member or visitor must sign in through the office with their valid Identification Card/Driver’s License to be allowed on campus before, during or after school.
- Family members of students in the after school day care will check in, enter and exit through the office during the hours of 7:15 AM - 4:00 PM. If picking up after 4:00 PM you will enter and exit through Child Care entrance/exit.
- Kindergarten Drop off times:
- AM Kindergarten enters through the Office gate
Arrival: Open- 7:45 am -8:10am Dismissal: Gates Open- 11:35 am-11:45 am
- PM Kindergarten enters through the Office Gate
Arrival: Open- 10:57 am -11:02am Dismissal: Gates Open- 2:30 pm-2:45 pm
Our new safety practice is not to discourage families from being active members of our school community, but a measure to increase campus safety. We hope you will join us in making this a successful practice. The new safety/gates practice will commence Monday, August 13th, thus allowing families the first week of school to assimilate to the new school year.
NO SHOTS? NO RECORDS? NO SCHOOL
Children will not be enrolled unless an immunization record is presented and immunizations are up-to-date. Please contact the office if you have any questions, 209-552-3200.
LEADER IN ME SCHOOL
HABIT # 1: I am in charge of me
I do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is looking
Sanders' Teachers Have Talent Too!!!
January Newscast! This newscast was created by Carmen Lomas (5th grade)!
November Newscast Provide by the Sanders Web Team!
School Family Compact:
Please, see the QR codes below. These link to our School/Family Compacts. Please, scan, review and give feedback on these documents if you like. Email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.