Welcome to Counselor Cove!
On this page you will find fun activities, community resources and ways to stay healthy & positive during this "new normal" we are all experiencing.
For more information regarding counseling services, please email the school counselor, Juli Sousa, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
What's New this week?
May 11 - 15
- Check out our Facebook page Sanders Counselor Cove for fun activities and challenges!
- Keep up with your Google Classroom Assignments
- Attention 5th Graders! Check out Mrs. Sousa's presentation on 'Moving On Up', your transition to Middle School next year! Posted below!
- Remember to check your slot time for pick ups next week!
Our "New Normal"
We are here for you even in the midst of this new and uncharted territory. If you need someone to talk to, contact your counselor by email and we will get back to you as soon as we are available.
Please check back often, as new material and information regarding coping strategies and ways to stay healthy at home will be added.
We've found this awesome link Mental Health During Covid-19 that has great information, resources and activities on:
- Helping kids cope
- Talking to your kids about COVID-19
- Coping exercises for kids, teens and adults
- Noticing Signs of Stress
- Family Activities
Also, check out this video for more information and an easy to understand explanation of COVID-19 - BrainPop - COVID-19
The following are some useful resources for our families in crisis. Our counselors have additional resources for specific needs. Please, reach out via email if you would like additional support.
- United Way provides the 2-1-1 number for local community services such as rent and mortgage assistance, food and shelter, transportation, child care and much more.
- Stanislaus County Warm Line (209) 558-4600. This is a non-crisis intervention, offering peer support, referrals, and shared experiences of hope and recovery.
- Suicide Hot Line 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-SUICIDE